Wednesday, December 4, 2013

It's True.

I don't know what I'm doing.  I've heard many moms say this, and tell me that after years of being a mom (and sometimes to multiple children) they still haven't figured out what they're doing.  But when you're me, and my husband, well, you REALLY don't know what you're doing.  Holding a baby? I've held maybe 2 in my life.  Diapers?  I've changed a handful.  Breastfeeding or formula?  Had no idea.  Swaddling?  I'm still trying to learn this (my husband has become an expert.)  Baby baths? What to pack in a diaper bag?  How much do babies eat?  Warming bottles?  How long do babies sleep?  Why is my child crying?  You get the picture.  I read books during my pregnancy, which were somewhat helpful, but every child is different and I found that a lot of what I read didn't necessarily apply to my son.  Everyone that has given me advice has been correct--all babies are different.  That's just fantastic...  I've quickly learned that I can look up a question on Google, but it doesn't necessarily mean the answer applies to me.  So, I'm learning as I go.

I tell you now to enter at your own risk.  I'm going to get personal here.  Come laugh and cry with me on this journey. Or just laugh at me when I cry.  That's okay, too.

Here's Blake. :)


1 comment: