Thursday, January 30, 2014

The New Blake

I've been meaning to update for so long.  Truth is, I came off my maternity leave and life has been really hectic.  I switched schools…AND grades.  Going from 3rd grade to 6th grade has been an adjustment, but I'm really enjoying it!  I've been exhausted after coming home.  I've been off work for far too long I suppose.  I need to start running again too, to work off some of this baby weight.  I saw a picture of myself and nearly freaked out!  I have 15 more lbs to go, which doesn't seem like a lot, but when I'm not fitting into anything it is a lot.  I refuse to go out and spend money purchasing clothes that I don't plan on fitting in to for long.  I guess in order to make anything happen in the weight department I actually have to do something about it.  Like a run.  Buuuuut, I'm sooooooo tired.  Ugh.

Blake is doing amazingly.  I'd say the Zantac 3 times a day has been the charm.  He's had no issues with excessive throwing up, or screaming!  It's amazing!
Though I think we've gained a new issue.  Allergies.  He's been waking up stuffy on and off for the past month.  I put a Vicks humidifier in his room which seems to help a little. I use the saline drops, then suction with the nasal aspirator.  When it's really bad I put Vicks on the bottom of his feet.  I called the doctor to see if there was anything else I could do and they said there really isn't.  Poor little guy.  Hoping he grows out of these allergies.  And the food allergies.  And the GERD.  Pretty sure we're out of the colicky stage, so that's good!
I stopped taking him to the chiropractor because everything else seems to be working so well that I just couldn't justify paying $40 for a visit 2-3 times a week.  I'm just going to take him on a "needs" basis from now on.

He's started sleeping through the night.  Not always, but he's doing so at least 3 nights a week. I usually put him to bed between 7-8 and on a good night he won't wake up until 4:30.  Other nights he'll wake around 1am, then again at 4:30.  Not bad!

He is eating a lot though.   He's consuming 6 oz every 2-2.5 hours.  T

I still use the yoga ball pretty regularly when I'm home.  It's especially helpful at night.  He has a hard time falling asleep unless I'm bouncing.  Haven't gotten much use out of the glider in his nursery.  He doesn't really seem to enjoy the "gliding" feeling.  He wants bounce! Good thing I bought the glider at a garage sale for $25.  I'd be a little upset if I'd paid full price for one and he never wanted to use it.

He's beginning to show sings of teething…excessive drooling, chewing on his hands, bouts of fussiness. I don't see any actual signs of teeth coming through, but I feel like it's coming!

Michael and I were commenting just the other day how nice things were getting.  It's like he's an entirely different kid. Not that I didn't love him before, but boy is this "new Blake" nice!

I owe you guys a few blog posts-Follow ups from some previous ones I'd written. Hopefully I can get to those some time this week.
Right now my eyes are closing as I write this.  I think that's a good queue for me to sleep.  Praying Mr. Blake doesn't wake up, but he's stirring in his crib.  Nooooooooooooooooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment